This quick and easy recipe will be a hit as an appetizer or for a simple dinner.
- 4 – 6 Boneless, skinnless chicken breasts
- 1.5 Pounds thick cut bacon
- 12 – 16 Mozzarella Snack Sticks
- Bloody Mary Jam, or any of the savory jams would be terriffic
- 1 Plastic ziplock bag
- Meat Pounder
- Glazing Brush
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take your chicken breasts, and place them in the ziplock bag. (I cut them in half (butterflied) first, because they were quite thick.)
- With the meat pounder, beat the breast halves flat to a less than 1/4 inch thickness.
- Gently remove the breast, and place on a cutting board.
- Glaze with a light layer of the jam using a basting/glazing brush.
- Place 1 mozzarella stick on the edge of the breast and roll until covered. (I chose to cut the breast at this point for a single layer of chicken).
- Wrap the chicken with 1 – 2 slices of bacon, completely covering the chicken with the bacon.
- Place on a broiling tray.
- Glaze again the whole outside of the bacon roll.
- Repeat with the remaining chicken and cheese sticks.
- Place broiling tray in the oven for 30 – 45 minutes until the outside is nicely browned. If this doesn’t happen, or the browning isn’t enough, turn the oven on to a low broil setting for the last 5 minutes.
- Temperature check the sticks to 160 degrees fahrenheit. Remove from oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- You can have a side dish of the jam for dipping or glaze again when done for a saucy topping.
- Serve with your favorite side or with other appetizers and ENJOY!!
Finished Product Ready for Devouring!!
This recipe was originally found on the TASTY website. See their video here.