Prep Time: 30 minutes, Cook Time: 1 Hour at 375 Degrees
This meal is simple to prepare, and amazing to the taste buds. The Chops can be glazed with any of our jams and jellies, we used the Peach & Bourbon Jam which paired nicely with the luscious and decadent potatoes.
Peach & Bourbon Glazed Ribeye Chops Recipe:
- 4 – 6 Boneless Ribeye Pork Chops (or any type of chop you prefer at any thickness)
- 1 Tablespoon of Peach & Bourbon Jam per chop
- Seasoning Salt or Rub of preference
Preheat Oven to 275 to 375 Degrees Fahrenheit. Using lower temperatures will increase the cook time, but increase the moistness of the finished chops. The final internal temperature should be 160 Degrees Fahrenheit. Season the chops and place on an oiled broiling rack. Dab 1 Tablespoon of your chosen jam or jelly on each of the chops, and spread evenly over the meat. Place broiling tray on the middle rack of the oven. Bake for 45 minutes to 2 hours, depending on the temperature chosen. Test the temperature to 160 Degrees at the end of the cook time. Allow meat to rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Lighthouse Inn Potatoes:
- 2.5 lbs. russet potatoes, peeled and cubed into 1 inch thickness.
- 3 Cups light cream, divided (light cream gives the best results, although half and half can be used, but may separate)
- 6 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter, cut into chunks for easier incorporation
- 2 tsp salt (more or less to taste)
- 1 tsp ground pepper (more or less to taste)
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs (these give the best results, other bread crumbs could be used but you lose the crunch Panko provides)
- 2 ounces or 1 Cup Grated Parmesan, or Parmesan Reggiano Cheese
- 4 Tablespoons Melted Butter (if using salted, skip adding more salt)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
Preheat oven to 375 Degrees Fahrenheit. Place cubed potatoes in a medium saucepan. Pour 2.5 Cups cream into saucepan. Add Salt, Pepper and Baking soda. Mix, and bring to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, reduce heat to a bare boil, and simmer 20 – 25 minutes stirring frequently to prevent scorching the cream, until potatoes are tender but not crumbling. Sauce will thicken. At this point, add the butter and remaining cream to the sauce. Stir until butter is just melted, and pour into a 13×9 baking pan. Prepare the topping by combining all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and stirring until well blended and evenly moist. Evenly spread the topping over the potatoes. Place the baking dish on the middle rack of the preheated oven, uncovered, for 15 to 20 minutes until it is bubbly around the edges and the topping is golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to rest for 15 minutes before serving. This allows the sauce to thicken once again. Serve and enjoy this sinfully luscious and decadent side with the above sweet and savory pork chops. Add a side salad or apple coleslaw for crunchy variety to complete this meal.