This sandwich is a wonderful way to use up that leftover holiday turkey and use the panini grill that sits in the back of the cupboard.
Here’s the recipe:
- Oven Roasted Turkey (as much or as little as you want)
- 2 slices of bread – toasted (any kind will do)
- 1-2 slices of cheese (we used smoked provolone for this sandwich)
- Microgreens (again as much or as little as you like. We got ours from The Greensted growers at Rochester Farmers Markets)
- 1-2 T Roasted Garlic and Onion Jam (find this in the Jams section above, as much or as little as you desire here)
- 1 T Butter or other oil (for toasting on the panini Grill)
- Butter the Bread.
- Place buttered bread on the preheated panini grill open faced.
- Spread Garlic and Onion Jam on the up-turned bread halves.
- Place Turkey on one half of the bread, and the cheese on the other.
- Close grill lightly for a moment or two until cheese begins to melt
- Open grill and place microgreens on the cheese side of the bread.
- Close grill again for a minute or two but not so long as to wilt the greens.
- Open grill and put the sandwich together.
- Plate and enjoy!!
Great with fresh fruit, fresh coleslaw, or any of the leftover dinner sides from the feast the night before. The melted cheese and the crunchy greens compliment one another nicely, and the jam adds a savory, sweet finish that makes the sandwich. Truly amazing!!